Saturday, June 23, 2007

Music in the library- *inspiration*

Today at Herndon was a good day. Saturdays are busy and the time flows quickly, much to my delight.

While on the floor, I noticed that there was a young man in our laptop area working on music. He had a midi controller attached to his computer. I introduced myself and asked what he was up to. He said that he came to the library to compose because he liked working in different spaces, and our environment was an inspiration to him.

This made me so happy. Being a musician, I understand where he is coming from. I am stoked that we can provide a place for him to be creative. To me, this is the heart of what the library is all about.

1 comment:

OCLS Learn 2.0 said...

That is very cool! We are meeting his needs without serving him a BOOK! Thanks for sharing that!

Tom