Monday, June 22, 2009

Mobile Web 2.0

I enjoy the fruits of mobile technology. However, I think that many people feel the need to "be connected" all the time and they never shut their machines down. This is annoying.

I am reluctant to have an expensive phone/player/computer combo because I am afraid I will leave it in my pants when I do my laundry. Plain and simple.

I love technology- and I have a healthy respect for it. This means I know when to disconnect. It's a good habit all around. When we depend on technology too much, it makes certain skills we have atrophy. It's good to mix it up a little; compose a hand written letter to a friend. Remember what that feels like?

Also- I watched the video with AC Nielson from the Weather Channel. It was very informative.
A few things he said stuck out- words like "Trust, Reliability, and Expertise". I would hope that people would perceive the library like this- and use us as a way to make sure they are recieveing factual and up to date information.

He also mentioned trying to make their mobile interface "intuitive and simple", which is what this is all about. Kudos.

Check out this video, it talks about real mobile technology, pretty cutting edge.

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/pattie_maes_demos_the_sixth_sense.html

Danka.

No comments: